Netflix Hollywood Movie The Equalizer 2 Summary and Reviews
Movie on Netflix The Equalizer 2 Hollywood Movie Details and Reviews
“The Equalizer 2” is a 2018 action thriller film directed by Antoine Fuqua and starring Denzel Washington. It is a sequel to the 2014 film “The Equalizer.”
The Equalizer 2 Hollywood Movie Summary
The film follows retired CIA operative Robert McCall (played by Washington), who now lives a quiet life in Boston and works as a Lyft driver. When his friend and former colleague, Susan Plummer (played by Melissa Leo), is murdered in Brussels, McCall sets out to find those responsible and bring them to justice.
As he investigates, McCall discovers that Susan’s death is part of a larger conspiracy involving a group of former military operatives who are targeting government agents and their families. McCall uses his skills and knowledge to take down the conspirators one by one, while also mentoring a young man named Miles (played by Ashton Sanders), who is struggling to overcome the violence and gang culture in his neighborhood.
In the end, McCall confronts the leader of the conspiracy and delivers his own brand of justice. The film ends with McCall continuing to work as a Lyft driver, helping those in need and keeping a watchful eye over his community.
The Equalizer 2 hollywood netflix reviews
Here are a few reviews of “The Equalizer 2” from Hollywood and Netflix:
- “Washington is as cool and collected as ever in this sequel, which delivers the same mix of brutal action and moralistic justice as the original. Fans of the first film won’t be disappointed.” – Brian Truitt, USA Today
- “Denzel Washington is still a commanding presence, but ‘The Equalizer 2’ doesn’t quite live up to its predecessor. The plot feels more convoluted and the action scenes aren’t as thrilling.” – Lindsey Bahr, Associated Press
- “Despite a few missteps, ‘The Equalizer 2’ is an entertaining ride thanks to Washington’s effortless charisma and Fuqua’s stylish direction. It’s a solid sequel that delivers on its promises.” – Owen Gleiberman, Variety
- “If you’re looking for a straightforward action movie with plenty of violence and vengeance, ‘The Equalizer 2’ delivers. Just don’t expect anything too deep or meaningful.” – Kimber Myers, Los Angeles Times
- “While not quite as good as the first film, ‘The Equalizer 2’ still manages to be a fun and thrilling ride. Washington is as engaging as ever, and the action scenes are well-choreographed and exciting.” – J. Don Birnam, AwardsWatch.
Overall, it seems that “The Equalizer 2” is a decent sequel that delivers on its promises of action and suspense, even if it doesn’t quite reach the heights of the first film. Fans of Denzel Washington and the first movie are likely to enjoy it, while others may find it to be a fairly standard action flick.